VC4A Venture Showcase is looking for up to 16 women founders leading innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase to the global network of Africa-focused investors.
If you are operating in Africa, generating revenue, and looking to raise between $250K and $10M, then this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
- Being recognized as 2022 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 200+ early-stage investor organizations
- A professionally edited 3-minute virtual pitch featured at Africa Early Stage Investor Summit
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Also, mentorship as well as technical support by partnering VC investors and corporates
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort credits, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS
- In addition, Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities
- have a very strong management team of at least 3 people including one (or more) woman founder
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity
- have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue
- Also, your product or service is clearly innovative, and/or your business model is new, disruptive, and designed for scale
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent
- In addition, at least one of the founders has an African nationality
- You are seeking Seed or Series A investment in the range of $250K – $10M
- moreover, your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
- Engage with assigned mentors and the VC4A team to prepare your presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of October – November 2022 and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase and Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2022
- Commercial Value of your Product/Service
- Strategy for Growth
- Management Team
- Market Traction & Financials
Timeline for 2022
|Apr 13 – May 27||Application period|
|Jun 1 – Jul 22||Selection process / investor review / interviews|
|Jul 26||Showcase cohort selection (internal)|
|Aug – Nov||Mentorship program with VC investors|
|Oct – Nov||Technical sessions with VC investors|
|Nov 2-4||Showcase at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit|
Visit the official website to apply!