Fully Funded COINS Grand Challenge 2018, USA
Applications for the COINS Grand Challenge 2018 are now open. The COINS Grand Challenge is a global competition to uncover innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders with ideas that can improve the built environment. It is first and foremost a competition to find new ideas or innovative approaches that will solve problems and enable the construction industry to make a positive impact on society.
Whether you are an undergraduate, postgrad student, recent graduate, young entrepreneur or industry specialist, they want to hear from you if you believe your idea has the potential to help the construction industry and society. All finalists receive an expense paid trip to San Antonio, TX for the Grand Final.
The COINS Grand Challenge consists of two competitions (Undergraduate and Open), each with 2 challenges that are aimed at encouraging innovators and entrepreneurs to come forward with new ideas and approaches to help improve the construction industry for the benefit of the industry and society. The competitions focus on areas that address global challenges facing the construction industry.
- Challenge 1 – New and Emerging Technologies
- Challenge 2 – Leadership
- Showcase yourself and your ideas to some of the world’s leading construction companies, private investors and academics.
- Win valuable prizes that could significantly benefit you and your career.
- Enjoy travel and networking opportunities to the COINS 2018 Innovation Day.
- Be a Force for Good – Undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, young entrepreneur or already working in industry, share your ideas to help improve the construction industry and society as a whole.
- Last year, 15 finalists represented 6 countries and a wide variety of ideas – Christine Boyle, who won the New & Emerging Technology competition & the Bouygues UK R&D Award, was one.
Open Competition Prizes
- Business Investment
- R & D Grants Or Paid Internships
- Sales Meeting With Industry Leaders
Undergraduate Competition Prizes
- Education Grants
- Paid Internships
- Mentoring From Academic & Industry Leaders
All reasonable traveling, accommodation and food expenses will be provided to the Grand Finalists in order for them to attend the Grand Final. All and any other expenses incurred shall not be included as part of this prize.
- Applicants may be of any nationality and citizenship but must be fluent in English.
- Whether you are an undergraduate, postgrad student, recent graduate, young entrepreneur or industry specialist, they want to hear from you
To be eligible for entry into the competition:
- The applicant must present a clear case for how their idea will address one of the three challenges.
- The applicant must speak English fluently.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older on 1st September 2017.
- The applicant must be able to attend the Grand Final on Tuesday 5th June 2018.
- The applicant must be able to obtain legal entry to the USA for judging if selected as a finalist.
- The idea must be able to be applied to the construction industry.
- Applications may be prepared and submitted by a team. However, only one member of the team may present the idea at the Grand Final if the application is successful.
Deadline: 6th April 2018