The Alibaba Netpreneur Training program is an opportunity for Ethiopian entrepreneurs and business leaders to learn and explore how to harness digital technology to positively transform their businesses and the local economy. The 10-day program is going to held in Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China, and Alibaba Business School is the organizer of the program. The program focuses on the upgrade of mission-driven entrepreneurs and leaders in Ethiopia who are committed to building strong businesses for lasting success and contributing to the development of Ethiopia.
Participants will learn the following things on Alibaba Netpreneur Training Training Program 2020
- Fundamental understanding of how new technology and the capabilities of a digital economy enable national development.
- Key insights into the evolution of Alibaba’s ecosystem within a country-wide context, including failures, mistakes, and best practices through sharing’s from Alibaba’s founders and business leaders.
- Similarly, key learnings from traditional businesses from a wide range of industries who recently went through the digital transformation in China.
- Field trips and interactions with leading businesses within Alibaba’s ecosystem to provide first-hand insights into current innovations.
- Furthermore, a foundation of strategic thinking that will enable you to make improvements in your own businesses, industries, and ecosystem.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to participate in Alibaba Netpreneur Training: Ethiopia Program
- Candidates must be a founder/co-founder or business owner of an officially registered venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years. However, only those who apply and pass the interview stage can attend the program in person.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer are preferred).
- Similarly, s/he must provide the candidate’s official business license when requested during the application process.
- Furthermore, the organizer strongly encourages entrepreneurs and business leaders below 45 years old, female entrepreneurs and Ethiopian business owners.
Alibaba Business School covers the following expenses of the participants
- Training Cost.
- Hotel accommodation (shared room).
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs.
- Daily meal allowance for breakfast (included in the hotel), lunch and dinner.
But the organizer will not cover the following expenses (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
- Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will have to cover the full cost yourself).
- Additional food or personal expenses.
Click this link for more information.