For each project a partnership is created between the HEINEKEN Africa Foundation, the local HEINEKEN brewery and a local or international (N)GO. The Foundation provides funding as well as administrative assistance. The local brewery supports through means of manpower, expertise, and monitoring. The (N)GO is responsible for the implementation and continuation of the project.
Since its launch in 2007, the HEINEKEN Africa Foundation has committed up to EUR 13,5 million to 128 different projects focused on health and water. Since it concerns an endowment fund, the Foundation has been able to spend approximately EUR 1 million per year.
An eligible HEINEKEN Africa Foundation Grants project proposal:
- focuses on Mother & Child care or WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene)
- directly improves the health situation for needy communities living in the environment of a HEINEKEN Sub-Saharan African organization
- also, cooperates with global and/or local partners
- has measurable positive results
- in addition, has a sustainable follow-up or clear conclusion
- is approved and also motivated by the General Manager of the related HEINEKEN operation
- is submitted to the HAF General Manager by the local HEINEKEN operating company
- Moreover, does not exceed the maximum requested amount of EUR 125,000 per year over a 1-2 year period.
You cannot apply for the grant if your project:
- may lead to a direct commercial benefit for the local HEINEKEN operation
- replace health benefits currently provided to host’s employees and their family members
- also, focus on adolescents (in the age of primary and secondary school)
- are research projects, scholarships, and medical or health-related events and conferences
How to Apply?
Project proposals can only be submitted by the local HEINEKEN operating companies in close collaboration with a (N)GO. By making use of HEINEKEN’s local infrastructure as well as network we believe that we can make a bigger impact.
Please contact the local HEINEKEN operating company to further discuss your project proposal.
Dates and Deadlines
|Proposals received by HAF General Manager||Quality check & revision period||Advisory Board and Trustees meetings||Decision|
|15 April||April-May||End of May||Start of June|