The ygap South Africa Accelerator Program helps ventures to refine and validate their business model, move towards financial sustainability, and grow the impact that they are having in their community.
Ventures that complete the ygap South Africa Accelerator Program expand their ability to increase revenue, create employment opportunities, secure further investment, and make a real difference in the communities they operate within.
- A proven and validated Theory of Change
- Also, proof of product-market fit with a clear value proposition for key customer segments
- A validated business model that verifies the desirability, feasibility as well as the viability of the business
- Detailed financial statements including income statements and cash flow statements
- Proven growth traction demonstrated through data across key metrics
- A reasonable and viable 12-month growth plan with a clear plan of action, quarterly milestones and projections
ygap expects ventures who complete the Accelerator Program to increase their revenue, create employment opportunities, and secure further investment, thereby making a real difference in the communities they operate within.
After the Bootcamp and after conducting a needs assessment, the ygap team of local experts provides:
- ongoing accountability and business development sessions
- strategic and operations coaching
- masterclasses and webinars
- Also, access to catalytic grants
- on-site business development sessions
- In addition, brokered linkages to mentors, customers, advisors, and other players within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Ventures that have already launched and are currently operational.
- Ventures that are post-revenue and also able to provide evidence of commercial transactions.
- Also, ventures that clearly recognize and desire the benefits and value of participating in the ygap program.
- Ventures that have a social or environmental focus. Through the operation of the business, ventures must be working toward making their community, their city, or their country a better place.
- Ventures that are “local” to the issue they’re solving, intimately connected to their community, passionate as well as committed, and it for the long haul.
- Ventures that have a unique element to their business. It could be a unique product or service offering, a unique production method, or a unique business model.