Application for 7th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2022 is now open. 7th AFMAM 2022 targets tertiary education students from across ASEAN to understand diplomacy as well as decision-making of ASEAN Member States in addressing regional issues through various high-level ASEAN meeting simulations.
Each AFMAM brings its own specific thematic focus. In accordance with the rotating ASEAN Chairmanship, the 7th AFMAM 2022 is bringing up the theme of Cambodia’s Chairmanship: ASEAN A.C.T.: Addressing Challenges Together.
Benefits of the Programme
- The programme will be fully paid for by the organizers.
- Enables you to understand ASEAN diplomacy and how decision-makers of the ASEAN Member States address regional issues by involving in the authentic simulation exercises.
- Provides you an opportunity to improve essential skills and knowledge, particularly on global awareness, cross-cultural skills, critical and inventive thinking, negotiation, public speaking, consensus-building as well as leadership.
- An exciting and unforgettable lifetime experience with us and your peers from other ASEAN Member States.
- A network of young leaders from across the ASEAN region.
- Enrolled as a student of tertiary education institution taking diploma or undergraduate studies (or equivalent level) from any disciplines at education institutions in the ASEAN Member States when the programme takes place.
- Between 18 and 23 years of age when the programme takes place.
- English proficient, verbal and written.
Required Documents to apply
- Personal data
- Valid National Identification Card or Passport in soft copy (PDF format, does not exceed 500 KB)
- Full face photo in soft copy (JPG or JPEG format, does not exceed 500 KB)
- Letter of Statement (i.e., Letter of Enrolment/Student Status Letter) from respective department/faculty/university/education institution ensuring active enrolment (please ensure that your file is in PDF format and does not exceed 500 KBs). This is written in free format on letterhead paper signed by an authorized official of your institution verifying the following:
- Faculty and Department
- Year of Enrolment
- Active student status
- List of five most noteworthy personal achievements of each applicant (please share not more than 5 achievements briefly and concisely, do not write a CV!)
- Three short answers that address the following questions in no more than 150 words per question.
- What is ASEAN to you? How do you think ASEAN have an impact on the countries and/or citizens in Southeast Asia?
- What is one important regional issue in Southeast Asia that you think needs to be addressed at the ASEAN level? What are some solutions that you would propose to resolve this issue?
- Why do you want to join this year’s AFMAM? What are some key takeaways that you aim to get from this experience?
Visit the official website link given below for full details.
Lastly, OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here