Advance your career and take the next step to become a pro photographer with the Canon Student Development Program (CSDP) this 2022.
Prize for Canon Student Development Program
Module 1: Virtual Portfolio Preparation Mentorships
100 admitted Participants will be partnered with a professional mentor to support and refine their portfolio. Each Participant will get up to three one-hour sessions. All sessions will run virtually.
Module 2: Workshop
30 Participants will attend a 5-day workshop in the days preceding the 2022 edition of the Visa pour l’image Festival (“Festival”) held in Perpignan.
During the workshop participants will:
- attend dedicated lectures
- take part in group portfolio reviews
- also, practical sessions
- get access to exhibitions at the Festival
- In addition, benefit from networking opportunities with representatives from the Imaging and Media industry
Module 3: Hamburg Portfolio Review
5 Participants will be selected and will receive a 3-day trip to Hamburg (G) and granted a place at the Hamburg Portfolio Review.
During the event Participants will:
- take part in portfolio reviews
- showcase their work in a dedicated exhibition
- also, attend additional meetings with industry professionals
- be supported for a further 6 months with longer-term mentorships
- receive a €2k grant as well as up to €9k worth of Canon product
Moreover, all participants will be introduced to relevant local country Canon organization
Selected participants for modules 2 and 3 will receive return economy class travel tickets by air and/bus or train (when feasible), full board accommodation (in a shared twin bedroom), meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as well as travel insurance (excluding theft or loss of valuables) for the duration of the stay.
Be aged 18 and over on the date of April 29th, 2022
- Must have started or completed an education program during the academic year 2021-2022, or be engaged in internships by agencies or magazines within the same period, or be nominated/endorsed by professionals from the photographic industry
- Be a resident of one of the listed countries
- Employees of the Organiser, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents, and other parties directly involved with this Programme and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
- a portfolio featuring a maximum of twenty (20) photographs from one story, a description of their project in 200 words or less, together with a bio and image captions.
- a copy of your ID
- either proof of your enrolment on a qualifying course/internship/agency
- If you are entering under nomination by photographic industry professionals, a letter of recommendation from the endorsing professional
How to Participate?
- To be in with a chance of being selected to participate in the Programme, Entrants are required to submit their portfolio (via URL (canon-europe.com/get-involved/student-development-programme/submit/) within the Entry Period.
- In case Participants fail to confirm their attendance and/or do not provide the required documentation by May 23rd, 2022, the term of eligibility to the Programme lapses, and their place will be forfeited
- Participants need an adequate proficiency in English to benefit from the Programme, the necessary tools, as well as adequate skills to attend the digital online settings
Dates and Datelines
- Submit your portfolio (send a maximum of 20 images from one story): 29 April 2022
- Learn from Experts (1-2-1 mentorships by editors): 6-8 July 2022
- Exclusive Workshop: 25 -29 August 2022
- Hamburg Portfolio Review (odder of exclusive place at the Hamburg Portfolio): 16-18 September 2022
- Prestigious Prize (additional mentorship and grants): October 2022- March 2023