Fully Funded Seoul National University International Winter Course ‘Human Rights and Asia’ intends to allow participants to think about the universality of human rights in particular contexts of Asia and to gain a deepened understanding of human rights issues in this region. This two-week intensive course was launched in 2014 and is now awaiting participants for its sixth year. A special lecture on the ‘Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Asia’ will mark the 70th anniversary of the UDHR. A cross-cutting theme of this upcoming course is economic and social rights. Participants will examine economic and social rights in relation to gender, refugees, and in the context of corporate responsibility. Participants will also discuss the theory and practice of social and economic rights in the context of Asia. Participants will be involved in a multidimensional learning that includes not only lectures, but also presentations, discussions, and visiting the field of human rights advocacy in Korea. Our course ultimately aims at fostering an inter-disciplinary study and multidimensional advocacy activities on human rights in Asia.
- Air travel expenses (if required)
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
- Campus accommodation
- Graduate students, researchers, activists, lawyers, and government officials can be recruited from around the world;
- It should be smooth in Arabic
- Step 1. Complete the following Application Documents contained in the annexes below and save this document under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – Application 2019.docx]
* Please be sure to use the form below. We do not accept the other forms.
- Step 2. Save your CV under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – CV 2019]
- Step 3. Send all files (Application Documents, CV and, a Copy of your passport) to [email protected] with the subject line: [Family Name & Given Name – 2019]
- Step 4. A Letter of Recommendation
- In the recommendation letter, the referee must indicate his/her full title, name, affiliated organization, and email address. The letter should be signed and sent personally as a PDF file to [email protected]
- The name of the letter of recommendation file and the subject line of the e-mail should be [Family Name & Given Name of the Applicant – Recommendation 2019]. Please make sure the recommendation letter also meets the deadline below.
- Applicants must fill out the name of their referee in their application form.