On August 25 – September 8, 2019, KAUST will host Summer School in Saudi Arabia. Eligible international BS/BSc and MS students for an Applied Mathematics workshop. Further, You will be exposed to several aspects of Applied Mathematics, including homogenization, numerics for partial differential equations and mean field games. You will also improve on a range of Scientific Research Skills used in this academic sphere. Additionally, The Summer School includes lectures and lab work and students on the program will attempt to produce a collaborative research paper.
Moreover, Mathematical concepts and techniques are used in virtually all fields of science and engineering. Further, Mathematics can enable exciting new discoveries and techniques. Additionally, This school will expose the participating students to the frontiers of Applied Mathematics Research at KAUST. Further, The course includes seminars and lab work and successful students on the program will attempt to produce a collaborative research paper.
- Workshop Stipend ($500USD).
- Round-trip airfare to/from Saudi Arabia and city of departure-Jeddah (KAUST).
- Health insurance.
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite.
- Visa fees (Students must have valid passport).
- Access to community recreational resources.
- Social and cultural activities.
- The 2019 Applied Mathematics Workshop is an opportunity for exceptionally qualified international baccalaureate and also, post-baccalaureate students to conduct research with faculty mentors.
- Further, Students who have completed a minimum of their 3rd-year of baccalaureate studies OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor’s degree) OR be pursuing a post-baccalaureate (Master’s degree).
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 (14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B).
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities. Recommended levels,
- TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT or 6.0 on the IELTS.
- Note: Enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a PhD program or those who have earned a PhD are not eligible to participate.
Documents for your application:
- An official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement of Intent.
- Further, Letter of recommendation from a current or previous faculty advisor.
- Finally, A valid passport (with six months validity).