Applications are now open for the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Program 2020. We’re looking for smart, ambitious graduates or early-career reporters to join our global team of 2,500 text and visuals journalists and tell the stories that matter.
Further, the Reuters news reaches a global audience of more than 1 billion people each day. Also, from politics and finance to sports and showbiz, we are committed to fast, accurate and independent reporting. Similarly, in everything we do, we strive for insight and impact.
What are the program details?
- The scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020
- Similarly, the intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or the United Arab Emirates
- Likewise, the opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if you perform strongly
- Applications due by Sunday 15th December
- Participants selected by April 2020
What are the benefits of the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Program?
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
Applicants must have:
- a clear commitment to a career in journalism
- proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- drive to build sources and break news
- likewise, the ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- similarly, fluency in spoken and written English
- also, fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
Other Useful Skills (Not Prerequisites)
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Similarly, experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Also, additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
How to apply for Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Program?
- You should apply directly via careers site
- Similarly, please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and is in English format.
- Also, all applications must be present a Cover Letter