Call for Applications: United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament. The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs is looking for young persons (ages 18 – 24) motivated to use their talents to help raise awareness and promote change for a more peaceful and secure world. In addition to young people with an interest in international affairs or international relations, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs strongly encourages individuals with a background in other areas such as history, science, economics, languages, film, media, dance, song, theatre, visual arts, creative writing or any other field to submit an application.
Basically, the aim of the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament program is to bring together an eclectic and geographically diverse group of young people, from across the globe, who can become advocates for disarmament.
- The participating ten youth champions will receive training in general principles of disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control through on-line courses and a two-week in-person study tour in Vienna, Geneva, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. The study tour will take place in June 2020.
- Similarly, youth Champions will exchange ideas with disarmament experts from think tanks; civil society organizations and the diplomatic field, and develop their own plans on how to engage in their communities on issues related to disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control.
- Furthermore, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs will support mentoring and guidance throughout the program.
- Applicants must be between the age of ages 18 – 24 at the time of application.
- Fluency in English is necessary to participate in the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament 2020.
Similarly, applicants must have an interest in international affairs.
- Furthermore, applicants must submit three letters of recommendation and their most recent academic transcripts.
Candidates will have to apply online for this position. Click here to apply. The last day to submit an application is 18 March 2020.
For enquiries please send an email to [email protected].