Youth4Region aims to help journalism students and young journalists discover what the EU is doing in their region.
- Training on journalism as well as EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Also, working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to the Member States
- Moreover, Accommodation, food, and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or an EU neighboring country.
- also, be from 18 to 30 years old
- demonstrate a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience or be a recent journalism graduate (up to 2 years since graduation) with up to 2 years of journalism experience
- In addition, have not participated in previous editions of the Youth4Regions Program
- Application Deadline: 11 July 2022
- Jury Meeting: 29 July 2022
- Selection Result: 15 August 2022
- Youth4Regions Programme : 8 – 14 October 2022
How to apply
- fill in the online form
- send a short article (2500 to 6250 words) or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund.
- the article or short video must cover the theme of “youth empowerment”.
- Contributions are accepted in all of the 24 EU official languages. However, in the case of video submissions, a short written summary in English is necessary