Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist at UNDP 2023.
The project Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist aligns with UNDP’s focus on Energy and supports UN’s Strategic Framework for Afghanistan 2023-2025. It aims to meet basic needs and promote economic opportunities for marginalized groups, contributing to two key outcomes: improved essential services and a more equitable, inclusive economy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of SESEHA Project Manager, and coordination with ABADEI team, the Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist will supervise and provide all the monitoring and reporting of safeguards requirements for SESEHA project.
The incumbent will be responsible for undertaking the following:
- Coordinate with experts for finalization of environmental social management framework (ESMF)/ environmental social management plan (ESMP), Grievance redressal mechanism GRM, stockholder engagement plan SEP
- Review and follow up with vendors for ESMP implementation
- Monitor the overall ESS compliance
- Report on new risks
You may also like : Part-Time Faculty in Accounting || Eastern CT State University
QUALIFICATIONS for Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist:
Education: Master’s degree in environmental management, social sciences, international development, or relevant areas. Or Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be considered in lieu of master’s degree.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years (with a Master’s degree) or 7 years with (Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience implementing environmental and social safeguards, including occupational health and safety is required.
- Experience working in crisis contexts is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in renewable energy is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated experience supporting, advising and /or collaborating with public institutions on environmental and social safeguards.
- Practical experience in the field of monitoring.
- Having a National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or any other related field will be an asset.
- Relevant experience in producing various related reports, including environmental and social screenings, assessments, and management plans.
- Good capacity to communicate with people from different backgrounds and positions, as well as with local and national stakeholders and authorities.
Language Requirements: Fluency in oral and written English is required and Knowledge in local language Dari and/or Pashto will be an asset.
Contract Duration : the contract Duration of this position will be 364 days.
The UNDP has announced a Internship vacancy for Social and Environmental Safeguards Specialist at with a deadline of October 17, 2023 at 09:44 AM
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, UNDP