2024 (Paid Internship) Project Associate – Marine (Aqaba)
The Project Associate shall report to the Projects` Coordination Manager. He/She will perform his/her tasks on a full-time daily basis for one year and will be based in Aqaba at the UNDP office within Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority premises and periodic missions to the project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities for Project Associate
Management and Implementation of the project’s activities
- Ensure smooth implementation of the projects` activities in accordance with the projects` documents and UNDP’s procedures.
- Be responsible for the coordination of project activities with other involved governmental and non-governmental organizations under the supervision of the Projects` Coordinator.
- Development and implementation of the project’s annual work plans and support the process of quarterly and annual planning of projects` activities.
- Assist in establishing a trusting relationship with all concerned groups, including relevant ministries and local NGOs.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for consultants and contractors.
- Provide technical input to project activities where appropriate.
- Submit reports of relevant projects` progress to UNDP CO.
- Work as a liaison with the local communities’ institutions.
- Integrate the projects` annual work plans into the partners` annual plans to ensure integration.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholders participation in the projects` implementation through coordination with all concerned institutions.
- Prepare all necessary financial reports to accompany Project quarterly and annual work plans and reports.
- Ensure consistency and integration
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor given the nature of the project that is part of the broader marine biodiversity program at UNDP Jordan.
Check : (FIP) 2024 for young professionals Paid Internship- USA
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Ensure visibility of the projects, including adherence to visibility standards and templates of the donor, UNDP and Government, as required;
- Facilitate a learning and adaptive approach to projects` management and implementation by supporting the development and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Liaise with ASEZA team to ensure proper synergy between the different components of the project;
- Ensure synergy and integration with all relevant projects/interventions implemented by UNDP, specifically in relation to marine ecosystem conservation;
- Represent and participate in meetings of relevance to the mandate of the Environment Pillar;
- Foster and establish links and synergy with other relevant programs within UNDP.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Ensure active participation in learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming;
Also Check: (Visa and Stipend Covered) Heinrich Boll Foundation Internship
Required Skills and Experience
- A High school with seven years of experience and/or four years of experience with bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, marine science, Biology, coastal zone management, or other related fields.
- Minimum of four years of professional work experience in marine science, Environmental Science, Biology, coastal zone management, or any other related fields with Bachelor’s degree and/or
- Minimum of seven years of professional work experience in marine science, Environmental Science, Biology, coastal zone management, or any other related fields.
- Proven experience working with relevant agencies in Jordan
- Strong analytical skills, good interpersonal and team-building skills
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Familiarity with technical assistance projects and proven experience working with relevant agencies in Jordan
- Proven ability in budget management and work plan preparation.
- Demonstrable skills in computer applications for editing and presentation purposes – word processing, spread sheets, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge of Result-based management and experience in project management and implementation.
- Excellent Skills in technical writing, analytical writing, communication, interpersonal, data analysis, and reporting.
- Proficient in both written and oral English and Arabic