2024 Programme Management Officer, Human Settlements in UN Application Period is from 27 September 2023 – 10 November 2023
2024 Programme Management Officer UN in the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, focuses on promoting sustainable towns and cities with adequate shelter for all. The Programme Development Branch (PDB) coordinates program development, working with governments and stakeholders to address social, economic, environmental, and crisis aspects of urbanization. They also support global program development and partnerships.
- Leads major projects and teams for Sub programme 3: “Strengthened Climate Action and Improved Urban Environment.” Ensures timely project delivery, supports intergovernmental processes, partners with UN agencies and stakeholders. Leads Surge initiative and addresses significant issues with innovative solutions.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: The ideal candidate should have proficiency in relevant theories and concepts. Problem-solving and analytical skills, Competence in data collection and research. Ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively. Professionalism, commitment, and efficiency in work. Capacity to handle stress and persist in challenges. Commitment to gender equality. Strong data analysis and communication skills for decision-making support.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- EMPOWERING OTHERS: Delegates responsibility, clarifies expectations, and gives staff autonomy in important areas of their work. Encourages others to set challenging goals. Holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Genuinely values all staff members’ input and expertise. Shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort. Involves others when making decisions that affect them.
- PLANNING& ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
you may also like : Student Media Grant Program (SMGP) 2023-2024
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in urban planning, environmental or climate change management, or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing urban environment, urban climate change or urban planning initiatives is required.
- Experience in effectively leading, supervising, mentoring, developing and evaluating staff is desirable.
- Experience implementing country-level or organizational climate change or environmental policies, guidelines and standards is desirable.
- Experience coordinating and implementing activities related to environmental or social governance or environmental compliance at country level, or in an organization is desirable.
- Experience in the field of capacity development, institutional reform or training with a focus on sustainable urban development is desirable.
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and/or addressing women’s rights is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visit , www.careers.un.org