Data Visualization Internship in the United Nations. The United Nations Office in Geneva invites en internship position in the administration sector. The internship position is with the UN Library at Geneva in the Digital Services team, in support of the monitoring and evaluation activities. This internship will last a maximum of 6 months. The internship is unpaid and full-time where interns will have to work five 5 days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the Section.
The internship position will do the following tasks on the administration section of the United Nations Library at Geneva
- Supporting the implementation of the Library’s monitoring and evaluation strategy for its core business activities (Library, Archives, Events, Knowledge and Learning Commons).
- Assisting in designing, organizing, planning and managing the collection, processing, analysis, evaluation, and dissemination of data.
- Similarly, assisting in developing, implementing and managing data visualization projects, including metrics, dashboards, and visualizations for users.
- Supporting the preparation of surveys and assist in carrying out user interviews and online surveys.
- Helping develop technical documentation, guidance on tools and procedures on data collection and data visualization tools.
- Also, assisting in training for users on data collection and data visualization tools.
- Doing research, identifying, and testing tools and resources to support the monitoring and evaluation strategy.
- Furthermore, performing other duties as required.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Information and Technology Sciences will be an advantage; or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Professional work experience is not mandatory for applicants to the UN Internship Programme. However, the field of study should be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for is required.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities in analytics, information management, visualization, and /or survey design preferred.
- Similarly, knowledge, skills abilities in data management techniques, quantitative analysis and methods.
- Also, knowledge, skills, abilities in analytics tools (PowerBI, Qlik).
- Furthermore, candidates must explain how their experience meets this criterion using examples.
Candidates must submit the online application form in order to apply for this position.
- An application must include a cover note and a personal history profile. Moreover, the cover note must include
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing as well as the possible graduation date.
- IT skills and programs that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- The explanation why s/he is the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explanation of his/her interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.