Internship of Associate Programme Management Officer in Kenya, United Nations.
Associate Programme Management Officer position is located in the Big Science Branch of the EWAD in Nairobi, Kenya. Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Thematic Assessment Unit, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Associate Programme Management Officer:
1. Works with Thematic Assessments Unit and partners to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of global and thematic assessments, including:
- Monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and the implementation of global and thematic assessments coordinated in the Branch;
- reviews relevant scientific, technical, and operational documents and reports;
- identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties;
- identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of global and thematic assessments, operations, and other activities, to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
2. Provides substantive support for global and thematic assessment and related policy coordination and evaluation functions, including:
- Reviews and analysis of emerging global and thematic issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies related to scientific reports.
- Supports in performing consulting assignments as related to the assessments coordinated in the Branch, in collaboration with the key clients, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the team will use to manage the change.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g., draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, related to the assessments coordinated in the Branch.
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
3. Provides administrative and substantive support to the global and thematic assessments consultative processes and other meetings, conferences, outreach activities, including:
- Participates in the organization and delivery of training workshops, seminars, participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Supports the organization and coordination of international events, including provision of substantive and administrative
support, data collection.
4. Coordinates activities related to the global and thematic assessments budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
5. Performs other duties as required
check: Senior Operations Officer Internship in Juba,(The World bank)
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in any area of environmental sciences, or a related field.
- A first level university degree combined with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in the design and coordination of environmental scientific assessments, preferably at the international level, is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related areas is desirable (none if successful YPP or P-1 with a related degree).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
- NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits, UN