Applications are invited for the Building Blocks for Peace Foundation (BBFORPEACE-Nigeria) Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022. In December 2015, the UN Security Council adopted the groundbreaking Resolution 2250, on Youth, Peace, and Security. For the first time, the UN Security Council recognized the positive role young people can play in conflict prevention and peacebuilding. On 1 November 2021, Nigeria became the first country in Africa to adopt a National Action Plan on UNSCR 2250.
The overarching goal of the Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship is to support activities and interventions around the implementation of the Youth, Peace, and Security agenda in Nigeria. The ideal candidate will coordinate programs and projects related to the advocacy and effective implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250, 2419, 2535 in Nigeria.
Specific Roles include:
- Initiate and support the coordination of existing youth, peace, and security initiatives.
- Act as a focal point for the youth, peace, and security program (both for external and internal stakeholders).
- Map and foster effective collaboration and partnership with peace and security stakeholders in Nigeria and abroad.
- Support the development and implementation of an advocacy strategy that reflects members’ concerns and interests.
- Support fundraising and research-related activities.
Stipend from Youth 4 Peace Internship
- The internship is unpaid and only stipends to cover transportation costs within Abuja is provided. It is advised that prospective interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship.
Eligibility Required for Youth 4 Peace Internship
- Firstly, the Applicant must be between 18-35 years;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any social science-related course. Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Additionally, Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to learn and show interest in the peace and security related fields;
- Moreover, Excellent writing, editing, and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted documents;
- Knowledge of existing frameworks on youth, peace, and security, (UNSCR2250, UNSCR2419, UNSCR2535, UNSCR1325, AU Continental Framework on Youth, Peace, and Security) is important but not mandatory;
- Lastly, Good computer skills in Microsoft office packages (Google Docs, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF) and not more than four (4) pages, addressing the position requirements to [email protected]
All applications must include the position title ‘Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022’ as the email subject line. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.