The United Nations Environment Program calls application for an internship for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics in the office of Nairobi. This position is located in the UN Environment, Corporate Services Division, Nairobi duty station.
- The internship is for three months.
- The Internship is unpaid and full-time.
- Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The intern will do the following duties under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, Administration Unit
- Be exposed to the analysis and creation of business intelligence visualization with the Business Intelligence team. Similarly, communicate and follow up with relevant stakeholders/parties to ensure issues are resolved.
- Draft and maintain technical documentation ensuring that all works are correctly documented as well as draft and maintain presentations. Also, attend and summarize meetings.
- Under the direction of the Supervisor, set up work priorities, each morning for each specific assignment.
- Generate a variety of standard statistical and other reports, etc, using various databases in excel and SAP. Data entry and extraction functions.
- Additional tasks on an as-needed basis.
Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme, at the time of application, must meet one of the following requirements
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, i.e. Master’s or equivalent, Ph.D. or post-graduate degree.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme are not necessary to have professional work experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship that you are applying for is necessary.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Similarly, should have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views. In addition to that, relevant studies in economics preferred
- Fluency in English is mandatory for this position. In addition to that, the knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Generally, candidates must apply online for an internship in the United Nations Office in Nairobi. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.