Call for Communications/Outreach Internship at Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in the USA. The deadline for this application is 31st May 2021.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is seeking passionate young interns who are innovative doers and thinkers and interested in making a difference for a better world. The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is seeking prospective interns from the unrepresented countries in the United Nations workforce who come from different countries.
- Leverages social media and other tools, such as local or regional job boards, local and regional media to source viable applicants from designated countries.
- Also, assists with recruitment outreach efforts in designated countries.
- Works with local partners to promote interest in working for the UN to specific professional communities.
- Identifies and contacts talent communities, though cold calling, email campaigns and social media posts to advertise open and future job opportunities for the UN.
- Likewise, interfaces with local talent agencies to undertake campaigns to talent communities (e.g. at universities, associations, NGOs, private sector).
- Additionally, identifies, researches, drafts and edits content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media) in line with UN media guidelines.
- Monitors and reports on social media analytics.
- Moreover, assists with live coverage at global events for drawing attention to the UN as an employer.
- Participates in planning and implementing special events locally in the unrepresented countries to draw attention to the UN as an employer.
- Furthermore, prepares local labor market analysis and draft strategies to target viable talent in designated countries.
The incumbent must meet the following for the Call for Communications Internship in the USA:
- Shows pride in work and in achievements
- Also, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Moreover, motivated by professional rather than personal concerns
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Additionally, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Program. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.