Call for Humanitarian Affairs Internship at Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the USA. The deadline for this application is 28th October 2021.
The United Nations (UN) Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts.
- Researches, analyses and presents information gathered from diverse sources on assigned topics/issues.
- Similarly, support the planning and organization of meetings and briefings.
- Drafts meeting notes, background papers and other documents, undertaking research in thematic areas if necessary.
- Help design various information materials, including publication covers, presentation templates, flyers, infographics and social media visuals.
- Likewise, proposing ideas and solutions for better management of the Section’s information and knowledge products.
- Identifying opportunities for OCHA’s evaluation products to reach a wider audience.
- Additionally, assisting in reviewing project documents, reports, assessments and evaluation.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written documents, e.g. drafts sections of evaluations, background papers, etc.
- Maintaining and uploading documents on team website.
- Collaborates with program/project managers on performance monitoring.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Also, be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Likewise, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants to the UN Internship Program are not must to have professional work experience. However, the field of study should be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship fluency in English (both oral and written). Also, knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.