There is an application call for Intern – Cities and Climate Change at the UN in Kenya. The deadline for the application is 3rd July 2020.
Organization: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. The UN General Assembly mandates it to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
Additionally, the intern must operate off-site and no travel request will be approved, either as part of onboarding or during the tenure of internship
- Assist in planning and implementing climate change adaptation and mitigation projects, in particular supporting the Flagship program [RISE UP]: Resilient Settlement for the Urban Poor; Promoting Low-Emission Development Strategies, and the Cities and Climate Change Initiative.
- Also, research on contemporary topics related to cities, climate change, and sustainable urbanization, with a view to support the production of normative publications and review UN-Habitat outputs with a view to extract and capture relevant knowledge and experiences.
- Similarly, support the planning, preparation, and delivery of outreach and other public events, assist in communications and social media presence.
- Additionally, support the drafting of material and stories for the team.
- Also, support tasks relevant to the candidate and the Team, as jointly determined.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: a. Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
c. Likewise, the incumbent should have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree, Masters, Ph.D., or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Also, have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Furthermore, he/she should have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Preferred Area Of Study
- Urban Planning, Climate Change, Environmental Science, or similar relevant topic (M.Sc or Ph.D. candidate preferable).
- Applicants should not have professional work experience for participation in the Programme. Are you a student in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or Ph.D. Programme or equivalent, or have you completed a Bachelor’s degree, Masters, Ph.D. or equivalent?
- For this internship, applicants should have fluency in English, and knowledge of Spanish and French is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.