Apply for the Call for Intern of Communications at WFP in Colombia. The deadline for the application is 8th October 2020.
This internship is found in the WFP Colombia Country Office. Internships with WFP provide an opportunity for the students to gain experience of the United Nations and more particularly of the World Food Programme. It also provides an opportunity for students to gain valuable experience working in an international professional environment and provides exposure to a truly global humanitarian organization.
- Suggest and develop content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter in Spanish and/or English.
- Similarly, support the production of audio-visual material, including drafting of scripts, transcripts, and subtitling; following WFP guidelines to do so.
- Likewise, light edit photos and create graphics/other design products using Adobe software in Mac or PC interfaces, or Canva.
- Create Trello boards for social media content and internal/external campaigns.
- Similarly, identify and propose key social media trends for the organization.
- Translate material to Spanish or English.
- Monitor the WFP brand and relevant news (Press clipping) identifying trends and issues.
- Likewise, gather stories from the team and produce the newsletter;
- Update calendar of WFP events, ensuring that they are scheduled in advance
Administrative and General Support
- Take photos/film at events.
- Additionally, perform research to find articles and resources that to strengthen specific channels.
Qualifications for Intern of Communications at WFP
- Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from a recognized university in one of the following areas:
- Communications, Design, Multimedia Production, Public Relations Communications, Journalism, Media, International Relations, Visual Arts, Digital Narratives, or related area.
- Additionally, the intern must have attended courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies. Likewise, recent graduates (up to 12 months) are eligible to apply.
- Experience in professional social media management is desirable.
- Additionally, in national or international non-governmental organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.