Apply for the Internship – Political Affairs at the United Nations in Kenya. The deadline for the application is 16th October 2021.
Organization: Office Of The Special Envoy Of The Secretary-General On The Great Lakes Region
Under the overall guidance of the designated Supervisor, the Intern will:
- Conduct research on various issues, including political and security developments, human rights, economic and social developments, humanitarian issues in the Great Lakes region;
- Contribute to the preparation of concept notes, project proposals, weekly reports, background papers, briefing notes, Talking Points and other relevant documents;
- Provide support in the coordination and substantive servicing of meetings, including coordinating participation of key stakeholders, contributing to the preparation of relevant documents and undertaking other related tasks;
- Support the preparation of presentations and other visual materials;
- Assist in the development of databases and other office management tools;
- Support the production of web stories and updating of social media; and
- Undertake other assignments as required.
- Demonstrates professional competence;
- Additionally, is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Likewise, be able to interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs; and
- Also, be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Likewise, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Furthermore, tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; and
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
Qualifications for Internship – Political Affairs at the United Nations
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Also, be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or
- Likewise, be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum
- Also, a Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Furthermore, have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the program. However, exposure to political affairs and/or peacekeeping operations is an asset.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.