Apply for the Call for Intern – Public Information at the UN in the USA. The deadline for the application is 1st December 2020.
Organization: Department of Economic and Social Affairs, UN
The intern will have the following duties
- Assisting in public information projects of DSDG.
- Also, assisting in preparing materials for events including webinars, press conferences, media launches, campaigns, educational outreach, exhibitions and others;
- Likewise, identifying, researching, drafting and editing content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media).
- Providing assistance in designing various information materials, including publication covers, presentation templates, flyers, infographics and social media visuals;
- Also, providing assistance in shooting and editing film videos, mix sound and slideshows, if required;
- Maintaining and updating content on DSDG website;
- Furthermore, contributing to strategies for more effective audience engagement.
- Proposing new projects for the website and social media platforms and identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
- Also, monitoring the website and social media channel usage through the use of various statistical tools
The intern must meet the given eligibility criteria
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program, the following condition must be met:
- Applicants to the program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program in journalism, communication, media studies, digital communications, filmmaking or related field (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
(b) Likewise, be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program in journalism, communication, media studies, digital communications, filmmaking, or related field (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Applicants who have graduated (as defined in (a) or (b) above), if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Also, applicants must have strong writing skills.
- Likewise, be computer literate in standard software applications.
Candidates need mot have a working experience to apply for the United Nations Internship Program. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Also, experience using social media platforms and data analysis is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.