Call for Intern, Public Policy Research & Analysis at GAVI in Switzerland. The intern will provide research and analysis support focusing on health equity, global health diplomacy and impact of COVID-19 at regional and national levels
Job Title: Intern, Public Policy Research & Analysis
- Develop and maintain, with cross-team and cross-secretariat inputs, issue-focused or thematic reference document with key position statements and public messages to inform periodic public engagements from Gavi secretariat
- Likewise, produce an in-depth research paper on the impact of COVID-19 on routine immunization in conflict-affected and fragile settings, undertaking expert interviews and secondary literature review
- Undertake desk research, as requested, focusing on fragile settings and humanitarian contexts with a view to COVID-19 impact on access to primary health care, routine immunization, and the well-being of children
- Also, regularly monitor, flag, and summarise latest research and analysis from think tanks, research institutes, and scientific journals relating to health equity and access to COVID-19 vaccines
- Additionally, assist with the preparation, representation, and logistics of various meetings as needed
Work Experience: Skills/Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of public health issues in fragile and low-income contexts;
- Likewise, a good understanding of global health and multilateral architecture;
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and ability to make logical or implied connections between policy issues, political agendas and global priorities;
- Ability to pick up new knowledge and synthesize complex information across thematic topics into salient arguments;
- Also, excellent writing skills and the ability to transform technical knowledge into policy-relevant content;
- Furthermore, a keen interest in current global health, humanitarian affairs, and international development
- Fluency in English, and at least one other UN language.
- Master’s degree focused on global health, international relations, international development, law or related experience;
- Also, research and professional writing or publishing experience in international development, international relations, or global health policies.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.