Apply for Internship for Political Affairs at Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs-Department of Peace Operations-Shared Structure in the USA. The deadline for this application is 7th May 2021.
The Department of Peace Operations (DPO) serves as a center of excellence for peace operations, responsible for preventing, responding to and managing conflict and sustaining peace in countries where peace operations under its purview are deployed, and provides support to other entities on peace and security issues.
The incumbent must meet the following for Call for Internship Opportunities in the USA:
- Support the RLU analysts in conducting research (quantitative and qualitative) on a range of political and security developments, human rights, economic and social developments, and humanitarian issues, preparing integrated analytical briefs, and monitoring situations of interest;
- Support the RLU analysts in analyzing and visualizing data, creating maps and developing infographic materials;
- Likewise, help in RLU information management efforts, including by researching data sources, creating structured datasets, and maintaining databases to enable analysis;
- Similarly, support the preparation of weekly presentations to Member States (Troop and Police Contributing Countries), including by compiling, processing and visualizing data;
- Support the Director of the UNOCC in preparing presentations to the Senior Management and external stakeholders; and,
- Also, undertake other assignments
- Shows ability to monitor and analyze political, operational and security developments;
- Also, shows ability to produce reports and papers on substantive issues;
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Likewise, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Moreover, supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Similarly, shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
No working experience is required to apply for Call for Internship Opportunities in the USA. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is an advantage. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.