The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Further, Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees, and Agroforestry (FTA).
- Assist in implementing and managing GLF’s strategy for social media channels, coordinating closely with the Social Media Coordinator, Digital Strategist, and also, Communications Coordinator.
- Further, assist with partner and organization outreach efforts on social media
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing trends, practices and also, networks across social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement with boundary partners.
- Other tasks related to social media, outreach, also, events, as required by GLF management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. journalism, communications, international relations).
- Two (2) years of work experience in communication or journalism; international development experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media channels
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Further, Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud; familiarity with management systems is a plus (Asana, Slack, etc.).
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Further, Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating with a diverse team.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a multi-city, remote team.
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environment and/or science communications.
- Flawless English speaker, other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, German) are an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and relationship-building skills, to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities, members of the media, team members, etc.
- Likewise, Motivation to learn and work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Desire and ability to think critically and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, deadline-oriented, resourceful and energetic.
- Also, able to find creative solutions and to strategize at both macro and micro levels.
- A team player and a proven ability to work well under pressure.