The mission of the United Nations Department of Operational Support calls application for Communications and Design Internship in New York, United States. The internship is unpaid and full-time for three months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the Office. Basically, interns work five days per week (37.5 hours)except for the summer periods, the UN also considers part-time internships.
- Design core identity products that illustrate corporate vision, mission, and values.
- Design and prepare content/copy for corporate briefings, presentations, fact sheets, snapshots, articles, and other internal and external communications materials.
- Support the development of web sites, including layout, content, look, and feel.
- Provide design support across a range of print and online products.
- Support the development and implementation of larger communication strategies and efforts.
To qualify for this Communications and Design Internship at the United Nations in the United States, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
The Department of Operational Support is particularly looking for applicants with some experience with graphic design, working with the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator) and/or experience in building websites. In addition to that, candidates must
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.