The United Nations Development Coordination Office Headquarters in New York calls application for Communications and Results Reporting. The new DCO assumes managerial and oversight functions of the Resident Coordinator System (RCS) under the collective ownership of the members of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG).
The RCS encompasses all organizations of the United Nations system dealing with operational activities for development, regardless of their formal presence in the country. The internship is for six (6) months at maximum and unpaid and full-time. Interns on Communications and Results Reporting Internship work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the direct supervision of a staff member in CRRS.
- Identifying, researching, drafting, and editing content (text, photos, documents, and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media).
- Maintaining content on websites, official social media accounts, and other official digital communication outlets presences according to established policies.
- Entering and reviewing information utilized on data-sharing and knowledge management platforms utilized across the Resident Coordinator System.
- Creating and editing infographics or social videos for posting on official digital communication outlets.
- Contribute to strategies for more effective audience engagement across digital channels.
- Assisting in posting content on knowledge management platforms and community of practice utilized by the Section.
- Assisting in optimizing websites for correctness, accessibility, and search engine performance.
- Contributing ideas to projects for enhancing the reach of official digital communication outlets, identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience.
- Monitoring the usage of websites and social media accounts using analytics and other statistical tools and techniques.
- Media monitoring, fact-checking, and related research work for stories from the Resident Coordinator System.
- Maintaining and updating media and subscription mailing lists for the Section and assisting in distributing various information products.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Computer literate in standard software applications.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the program.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is necessary.