UN Women calls application for the internship in Internal Communications in New York, United States of America
The internship position will be six months long in the Internal Communications Department in the New York Office of UN Women. The incumbent will support and contribute to initiatives to strengthen internal communications in UN Women, as well as assist in the development of communications tools and products for UN Women’s online and offline internal audiences. Furthermore, the position will work under the overall supervision of the Internal Communications Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in maintaining, updating and monitoring the UN Women intranet;
- Assisting with researching, writing and editing internal news stories related to internal activities, events, and initiatives including articles, staff profiles, Q&As and other intranet content;
- Liaise with UN Women colleagues to support with identifying and developing internal stories;
- Supporting with the production of graphics, videos and other visual aids for internal audiences;
- Also, assisting in the coordination of internal events, including Town Hall meetings, brown bag lunches, webinars and film screenings;
- Contributing to the planning, coordinating, producing and managing the bi-weekly internal newsletter, including monitoring performance and making suggestions for improvement;
- Furthermore, performing other related duties and general administrative assignments as required.
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: journalism, social sciences, international relations, or other similar subject is required.
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Must be in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree program and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English. Furthermore, working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills (experience of web content management system are an asset. Similarly, graphic design and video editing skills are an asset.
- Furthermore, familiarity with gender issues and the UN system is desirable.
This Communications Internship at UN Women will serve the following benefits to the candidate
- Hands-on learning opportunities to work in the area of internal communications;
- Exposure to the UN Women organization and also will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the internal communications function.
- Networking opportunities and participate in workshops/ seminars for broader learning purposes.
Candidates who do not receive financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to cover their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.