Apply for the Communications Internship Opportunity at UNDP in Tunisia. The deadline for the application is 21st October 2020.
Reporting to the Program Specialist, the Communication intern will support the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the media and the public. The Communications Intern promotes a client-oriented approach in UN Women. Also, works in close collaboration with the Program and Communications team in CCO, RO, HQ/Regional communications teams, the staff of other UN Agencies, Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support in the development of a coherent CCO communications and advocacy strategy
- Also, provide background information for the development of the CCO’s communication strategy;
- Likewise, provide logistical support to advocacy efforts and campaigns by organizing roundtable discussions, press conferences, and other public events and providing inputs to briefing materials and press releases, as necessary.
- Furthermore, the administrative support to the development of CCO’s advocacy materials
- Gather identifying storylines and achievements within the CCO;
- Draft press releases, articles, key messages, and other advocacy materials;
- Likewise, review translations, contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with different actors, including through remote contact;
- Also, to multi-task and address competing priorities;
- Additionally, to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner;
- Likewise, to work effectively in independent and collaborative settings;
- Ability to take initiatives, ask questions, and contribute substantively;
- Similarly, strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: gender studies, human rights, international relations, Journalism School, or other relevant subjects.
- Additionally, be enrolled in a graduate school program(second university degree or equivalent, or higher). Likewise, in the final academic year of a first university degree program. Also, have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree program and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) English and Arabic are required;
- Likewise, working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.