Applications call for Core Data Science Internship at Facebook in the United States.
This application is for researchers and data scientists to join the team in London and Tel Aviv. The teamwork closely with various product groups throughout Facebook, bringing expertise in modeling, machine learning, statistics, statistical computing, data analysis, algorithms, and social network analysis. By applying the knowledge of such topics interns will be empowered to drive impact across all manner of strategic decisions, product, infrastructure, and operational use cases at Facebook.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to mission-critical inferential and decision problems by leveraging or developing state of the art statistical and machine learning methodologies on top of Facebook’s unparalleled data infrastructure.
- Apply excellent communication skills in order to develop cross-functional partnerships throughout the company and spread scientific best practices.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Facebook’s community of over 2 billion users.
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities within Facebook’s long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions.
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Computational Social Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or related field
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship
- Experience in machine learning, statistical analysis or social network analysis.
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as R or Python, with packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and drive research projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner.
Facebook, Inc. is an American social media and technology company based in Menlo Park, California. It is one of the Big Four technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Google. Facebook is one of the world’s most valuable companies. Facebook offers other products and services. It acquired Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus, and independently developed Facebook Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal.