Data Developer in Washington, DC,USA (The World Bank)
We are seeking a highly motivated “Data Developer” with expertise in building python web applications and data quality control, including data analysis and data warehousing, to join our dynamic team. As a member of our technical unit, you will play a pivotal role in assessing and developing in-house tools and best practices for maintaining data quality and APIs to support INT’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to contribute your creative skills and domain knowledge to shape the future of global development.
If you are a forward-thinking developer with data science background ready to make a profound impact on global development and be part of an international team committed to tackling some of the world’s most pressing challenges, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Duties and Responsibilities for Data Developer
A. The Data Developer will work under the supervision of INT’s Data Scientist to develop and implement a quality assurance program for core information systems across the VPU. The Data Developer will report to the INT Data Lab Team Lead (INTPR). The duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with INT’s Data Scientist (DS) on day-to-day activities to develop Python applications and conducting data quality and validation.
- Build data pipelines, APIs and running ad-hoc queries on a wide range of queries and generate reports.
- Record all methodologies used in the calculation of INT performance and risk metrics and other indicators used for internal and external reporting.
- Coordinate with ITS to resolve data quality and backend applications related issues under the supervision of INT’s Data Scientist (DS).
- Develop quality control protocols to address quality-at-entry on data entered in INT systems and prepare exception reports that identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Support the production of data analytics and online dashboards using R and Python.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the INT data lab as needed on database management and analytics.
- Query and generate reports using INT’s data warehouse under the supervision of INT’s Data Scientist (DS)
B. The Data Developer will deliver the following outputs and tasks:
- Build and deploy data-driven Python applications and APIs.
- Participate in APIs accreditation process with ITS divisions and resolve application development and deployment issues.
- Automate data ingestion and ETL processes using databricks pipelines and data warehouse.
- Resolve data quality issues and develop quality protocols to enhance database modeling.
- Create data queries and use them to deliver to applications and APIs.
- Perform regular updates to, and enhance as needed, INT applications developed in-house.
- Generate delta reports and conduct query optimizations using data warehouse.
- Complete various risk analysis and data validation outputs.
- Complete extraction and manipulation of data attributes identified by the INT Data Lab.
- Verify data quality of related outputs in INT systems and address data quality issues.
- Prepare technical documentation for API models and schemas and INT’s Git Hub repository.
- Process ad-hoc data requests by the INT Data Lab as needed.
You might be interested in, ET Consultant in The World Bank (USA)
- Advanced university degree, and/or equivalent, in public administration, computer science, information technology, or related fields (e.g., international relations, economics, data analytics, information management) with at least four years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of data analytics/quality assurance.
- At least five years of experience related to python application development and data quality assurance.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R (at least three years of experience using Python).
- Ability to follow GitHub workflows and produce quality code under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply INT’s preferred coding frameworks and data management practices.
- Ability to build apps using with FastAPI and Streamlit frameworks is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of process and deliverables.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear style.
- Ability to solve problems, with strong analytic and research skills.
- Ability to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective and productive client relationships and partnerships.
Confidentiality and Document Security
- The Data Developer is expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality on all information to which he or she is exposed and will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with INT.
- Travel is not required for this position.
- The Data Developer will be made aware of and must respect the privileges and immunities of the WBG. The Data Developer will always abide by all relevant WBG rules and respect member government laws.
- Data, reports, and other documents collected by the Data Developer will be retained exclusively by INT. All such information shall be the exclusive property of INT and shall not be shared by the Data Developer with anyone outside of INT.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!