Data Scientist, Engineering internship is available in Google, USA. At Google, data scientists not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. As a Data Scientist, you will evaluate as well as improve Google’s products.
- Work experience for your CV
- Working knowledge of Google
Qualifications and Requirements
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline as listed in Minimum Qualifications.
- 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. In addition, experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Likewise, demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Similarly, demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Moreover, conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to google products.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis)
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google’s user facing products
You can Apply Online.