The UNICEF Regional Office in Latin America and the Caribbean calls application for Digital Communications Internship at UNICEF in Panama. The purpose of the internship is to support the Regional Office’s (RO) Digital Communication Strategy as a way to strengthen its goals around key issues affecting children. The Digital Communications Intern will have the skills to create engaging and creative content for UNICEF regional platforms and social media channels. In addition to that, the intern will creative, dynamic, self-driven, up to date and passionate about the latest technologies and techniques, and also can apply them to generate content.
The appointee of this Digital Communications Internship will work within the UNICEF Communication section in the Regional Office. Basically, the intern will contribute to making a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of all the regional digital and social media platforms. In particular, the position will do the following duties
For regional Office
- Develop and produce engaging content (messages, photos, and graphic design, video, GIFs, etc.) for the RO website as well as social media platforms managed by RO in recent months and update them regularly.
- Adapt to social media new contents and information produced by NYHQ, to be shared with Country Offices in the region in English and also in Spanish.
- Provide general assistance to the Communication Section in the Regional Office with special focus on; Developing social media packs combining messages, graphic design and new techniques to generate engaging content. and Producing new and engaging multimedia materials, including videos, for social media.
For Country Offices
- Contribute to the Regional Digital Communication Strategy, providing technical assistance and capacity building to Country Offices in their own digital and social media strategies as necessary, including during the Regional Communication Network Meeting.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree program or have graduated within the past two years.
- However, candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Communication and/or Digital Journalism; or related fields integrating social-media platforms, APIs (CMS, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) preferred.
- Proven experience in developing content for a young audience on APIs. Similarly, proven experience in communications skills and multimedia (writing, editing, event organization, video production, photography).
- Proven experience in using graphic design packages like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign.
Furthermore, fluency in Spanish and excellent command of English is compulsory.
Candidates who undertake this position will receive a stipend of USD$ 500 monthly. The overall duration of the internship will be of 6 months (April-October).