The World Bank E T Consultant Internship in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The department is looking to recruit an E T Consultant (ETC) Internship to work with the PPP team in the Middle East (ME) region. The ETC will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia reporting to the Regional Manager and Head for PPP Transaction Advisory Services in ME. The ETC will be involved in the development and implementation of various PPP projects across the ME region, in several infrastructure sectors as described above.
Roles & Responsibilities for E T Consultant Internship
The selected candidate will be expected to perform as a core team member under the supervision of a senior member of the team and will assist the project team leaders in the origination and execution of IFC’s advisory mandates in PPPs and privatizations across the ME region.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Proactively contribute to business development activities in assigned countries, including:
- Participate in origination and marketing activities, e.g. undertake project scoping to assess feasibility of potential projects, preparation of pitchbooks and proposals;
- Prepare notes and documentation for internal approval processes and procurement of consultants;
- Participate in meetings with government ministries and departments and sub-national public entities to discuss and assess their needs and ideas to improve access to infrastructure and delivery of public services and to identify potential PPP projects for IFC transaction advisory assistance;
- Understand the legal and regulatory impediments for private sector participation for assigned countries and work closely with the World Bank to overcome these;
- Understand World Bank program for assigned countries and work with them to engage with government counterparts to implement a coordinated strategy (the “MFD” strategy).
Assist in the day to day management of project execution to contribute to the structuring of innovative PPP projects and to the development of recommendations to clients, including:
- Assist in due diligence management, review of legal, commercial and technical outputs, project structure design, and drafting of project contractual documentation;
- Prepare complex financial models and perform financial analysis;
- Assist in managing project marketing to potential investors, completing road-shows, conducting prequalification and tendering (including negotiation of project agreements with bidders) up to award and commercial/financial close;
- Assist in coordinating closely with other parts of IFC including environmental and social, legal, other advisory and investment departments as well as World Bank colleagues in order to provide comprehensive and bespoke solutions to clients that will achieve sustainable development impact;
- Assist in managing client expectations and provide appropriate advice as necessary through proposing practical solutions.
It might catch your attention to investigate, Programme Management Intern Officer at United nations (USA)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Management, or Accounting or a related specialty from a top reputed university;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience gained with a leading financial institution working on PPP transaction advisory, M&A or privatization advisory on buy and/or sell side, project finance, private equity all preferably with focus on the infrastructure sector;
- 1-2 years of experience of sell-side/government PPP transaction advisory is considered a plus;
- Strong analytical and up-to-date financial modeling/structuring skills with ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently;
- Experience in infrastructure sectors (including power, transport, social infrastructure sectors), with some knowledge of sector trends, legal and regulatory requirements, and stakeholders (project developers, investors, technical and legal consultants), and with proven track record of infrastructure/PPP transactions;
- Ability to operate in large, culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives;
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required;
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential and in Arabic is strongly preferred;
- Experience in a development institution is considered a plus.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!