Applications are now open for Energy Projects Mobile Charger Internship Spring 2020 at Tesla. The Tesla Energy Projects team is responsible for the successful deployment of Tesla’s cutting edge Industrial Energy Storage Systems. We’re looking for a driven, motivated and collaborative intern to join us to help accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As part of the team, you will work across the organization to solve problems and ensure the success of our products.
Moreover, Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
What will Energy Projects Mobile Charger Intern do at Tesla?
As part of the team, you will work across the organization to solve problems and ensure the success of our products.
What to Expect
The internship will focus on:
- Building a portable power supply using off-the-shelf components (or creating bespoke components as needed) that interfaces to a Tesla system. Detailed task breakdown below:
- Review of the Tesla system from a hardware, software and firmware perspective to define the PPS specification.
- likewise, PPS architecture creation, using off the shelf components as a first choice. Creation of bespoke PCBA’s to fit the application need also within scope.
- Also, hardware design, procurement and testing of the selected PPS architecture using off the shelf components.
- Similarly, FW and SW design using Python and embedded processors to interface the PPS to the Tesla System
- Design engineering documentation to allow for a short manufacturing run of the PPS.
What are the Qualifications and Requirements?
For the consideration in this internship program, you must be/have:
currently working towards a degree in a relevant program such as Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
available to intern January – April/May 2020
self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
strong scripting skills in Python
exposure to CAN, Altium
likewise, previous experience in Embedded Hardware design and programming, Power supply operation, and setup
relocate to Palo Alto, CA
similarly, exposure to RasberryPI or Arduino experience, or similar platforms programming is preferable
power supply design and creation is also preferable
battery charging power supply design and creation is also preferable
All applicants must apply through the company’s official website. Further, applicants must fill and submit the online registration form along with a resume.