Engineering Manager, Data Engine internship is in Google office in China. Data Engine (DE) aims to understand and refine all useful information and help us build better products. The Web Data team manages all the indexed web data used in Google Search and the infrastructure behind it. In this role, you will work closely with other Data Engine teams in Mountain View to collaboratively manage multiple projects. The work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- In addition, 3 years of experience leading software engineering teams, mentoring engineers, and setting technical direction.
- Experience programming in one of the following languages: Java, C++, Go, or Python.
- Likewise, experience in large systems software design and development.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Also, 5 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Moreover, track record of delivering high quality products within timelines
- Excellent organizational as well as prioritization skills.
- Similarly, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, code reviews, and execution.
- Furthermore, collaborate with teams across Data Engine and prioritize projects properly.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects. Contribute and provide technical guidance to projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we’re building the best products.
Apply online in order to get considerations for the internship position.