ETC – Intern Assistant Project Manager in United States (The World Bank)
The ETC Intern Assistant Project Manager reports to the GCSFC Senior Project Manager (SPM), Conference Services, and works closely with other staff in GCSFC.
Duties and Accountabilities for ETC – Intern Assistant Project Manager
Strategic Planning and Collaboration
- Coordination with IT Client Services and Audiovisual Teams: Develop seamless communication and coordination between the Conference Services and Audiovisual teams, including respective vendor teams.
- Liaison Role: Serves as liaison between the Paris and headquarters conference teams.
Operations and Vendor Management
- Operations Oversight: Oversees the daily operation of the Conference Services vendor team and coordinates event logistics to ensure smooth workflow and meet clients’ demands, under the supervision of the Conference Services SPM.
- Procurement: Reviews quotes provided by vendors for equipment and other purchases, verifies deliveries, and works with GCS Processing and Analytics unit to ensure timely payment.
- Contract and Vendor Relationship Management: Participates in meetings with service providers and business partners to review contracts quarterly and foster healthy vendor relationships, ensuring detailed and accurate meeting minutes are circulated for reference.
Data Management and Reporting
- EMS Management: Responsible for the Events Management System (EMS); tasked with building queries and producing monthly EMS reports to analyze and drive improvements.
- Analysis and Reporting: Works closely with the events team to ensure data is reported in a timely and accurate manner. Conducts analysis of events data and prepares presentations and reports for GCSFC, GCS management, and others.
- Client Feedback and Surveys: Participates in the development, administration, and analysis of client surveys and follows up with clients as necessary. Reviews clients’ feedback generates reports as needed and works with Conference Services SPM on action plans to address feedback.
- Support for Annual and Spring Meetings: Provides assistance to World Bank Meetings Secretariat Team for the World Bank/IMF Annual and Spring Meetings.
- Market Research and Benchmarking: Assists with market research and benchmarking with IFIs and other institutions, leveraging insights to enhance service offerings.
- Communication and Reporting: Works with Conference Services SPM on communications, reports, and presentations, showcasing the outcomes and successes of various projects.
- SharePoint Management: Assists Conference Services SPM in conducting quality control check and reviews events SharePoint site for accuracy. Works with vendor or independently to update website.
- Project and Backup Support: Assists Conference Services SPM in the management of various Conference Services related projects and serves as backup as needed, demonstrating adaptability and a proactive approach to problem-solving
Check. Programme Management Intern Officer at United nations (USA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Operations Management, Project Management, or related fields. Background in • Hospitality, Conferences, or Events Management is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of professional experience, preferably in a role involving substantial project management responsibilities and vendor management.
- Excellent analytical abilities, including analysis of large datasets as well as business modelling in Excel, to effectively manage and optimize operations.
- Must be a quick learner, able to adapt to a role with a steep learning curve and dynamically changing requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be diplomatic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize; strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer software, including relevant applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with project management tools and platforms is highly desirable; knowledge of event management systems is a plus but not essential.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!