FHI 360 calls application for Finance Internship in Harare, Zimbabwe. The intern will be working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Intern’s primary role will be to support the Finance department with developing a filing system (for both electronic files and hard copy file) as well as ensuring that all transactions are adequately supported.
Duties and Responsibilities
Intern on Finance Internship at FHI 360 in Zimbabwe will have the following roles
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to process payments and ensure the smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure.
- Ensure that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved.
- Develop an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System.
- Assist with payment processing and VAT Claims.
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting or its recognized equivalent.
- At least a year of the work-related learning experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A customer-friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance, and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plans and priorities in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationships with key internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contract negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies, and procedures.
- Good analytical, numerical, and mature problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Pastel, AccPac, Quick Books, or any other Accounting Software.
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi- cultural setting.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness.
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a non-profitable humanitarian organization with headquarter in North Carolina. Since its establishment in 1971, it has been serving more than 70 countries to upgrade health standards. Basically, this organization works to prevent several infectious and chronic diseases. However, it has been fighting to prevent HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc since its first day of operation.