Apply for the Fully Funded OIST Research Internship Program 2021 in Japan. The deadline for the application is 15th October 2020.
The OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through a system of undergraduate and graduate placements as Research Interns. Additionally, these 2-6 month placements allow gaining experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. Furthermore, interns work under the direction of a Professor at OIST and contribute to the research activities of OIST. The specific assignment of duties is at the discretion of the PI and is subject to change.
OIST provides a living allowance, commuting support where necessary, and accommodation either on campus or nearby. Similarly, successful applicants will receive a Living Allowance of 2,400 JPY per day (weekends excluded) while at OIST.
- Travel Expenses
OIST will pay for one direct roundtrip travel for Research Interns between the home university or institution and the research unit or other facilities where the internship will take place (primarily in Okinawa). Additionally, the travel dates must be as close as possible to the term of the placement. Travel for successful applicants is arranged by the OIST Graduate School.
- Other Support
The Student Support Section of the Graduate School will provide support for Research Interns at OIST with matters such as housing, visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration. Furthermore, OIST regrets that support for dependents, family members, and persons other than the student is not available.
- Applicants who intend to import biological or hazardous material for their research must ensure that such import is in compliance with all regulations of their home country, any country of transit, and of Japan, and to complete all necessary paperwork for importation well ahead of time.
- Likewise, detailed regulations pertaining to matters of payment, intellectual property rights, attendance, health, and safety, etc.
- Those eligible to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program include excellent students enrolled in undergraduate or Masters programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or recent graduates of such institutions.
- Currently, enrolled students must have approval from their home institution.
- Also, the academic background of applicants should be appropriate to their desired host unit(s) at OIST.
- Likewise, graduate School funded internships are highly competitive and only the outstanding applicants who are in the final 2 years of their academic program or are recent graduates within the last year before the application deadline will receive it.
- Also, in some cases, OIST faculty may offer additional internship positions directly to other outstanding applicants, particularly for those with high skills relevant to the group’s research.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.