The UNDP Cambodia Country Office is now offering internship opportunities for national and international students from various disciplines. Students are welcomed to apply and, if qualified, also, will be selected for the internship. Through the Internship Programme, the successfully selected applicants will have an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural and UN standard working environment either relating to the organization’s key priorities or operations.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP Cambodia.
- Further, All costs connected with an intern’s participation in the Internship Programme must be borne by:
- the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students;
- Also, The student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel. (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.
- Applicants enrolled in a degree program in a graduate school (second university degree or higher).
- Candidates enrolled in the third year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Also, Applicants who have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (1) and (2) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- UNDP Cambodia accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship.
- Further, Applicants (for international intern) must show proof of valid medical insurance for Cambodia where they will work. It must include adequate coverage in the event of an injury or illness during the internship.
- Proficiency in English required. Fluency Khmer or in French is an asset.
- Computer literate in standard software applications.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.