Application is now open for FX Business & Legal Affairs Internship at Twentieth Century Fox 2020. FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video-on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes.
The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series.
What will the Business & Legal Affairs Intern do?
Interns for the Legal and Business Affairs department will be responsible for the following:
- Draft studio and network agreements for writers, producers, and talent
- Read scripts and watch upcoming episodes for copyright/trademark clearance
- Review existing deal memos and contracts to create and update precedent charts
- Conduct deal point analysis for the preparation of attorney negotiations and work on litigation and/or other research projects
What are the Qualifications and Requirements?
- A focus in entertainment law and/or completed several entertainment-related classes (e.g., entertainment law, intellectual property, labor)
- Media/entertainment/studio/network experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Current law students enrolled in their second or third year of law school.
All candidates must be:
- eligible to work in the US.
- at least 18 years old.
- currently be an accredited college or university student and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months – OR – be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- available from January – May
- willing to work 30 hours/week.
How to apply for the FX Business & Legal Affairs Internship 2020?
All applicants apply for the internship position by submitting the online application through the official website. However, they also need to submit a resume and a cover letter.