The Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having applicants join a research lab for eight-weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor. It will be an opportunity to help applicants decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for them while gaining valuable research experience.
- Intern and conduct research with a lab from eight GIST Graduate Schools
- Gain valuable experience presenting research during a poster session
- Expand their perspective with customized GIP special lectures and classes
- Learn Korean language and cultures at the intensive Korean Class
- GIST will reimburse them for half of their round-trip airfare to Korea
- GIST will provide them with a monthly stipend during internship
- Receive dormitory accommodations during their internship
- Make new friends and meet fellow GIP Interns from all over the world
Eligibility for Applicants
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
Before Applying to GIP
- GIP is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students
- When applicants apply, please choose two preferred laboratories and upload research plan. If they do not upload their research plan or choose one or two laboratories, their application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed for consideration.
- For efficient processing, please provide street address, phone number, and full name as it appears on passport.
- Before applying, please check the GIP eligibility requirements. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in application not being processed.
By applying to the GIP program, applicants are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Also, failure to abide by GIST regulations or Korean law will result in their immediate expulsion from the program at their own expense.