The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific invites hardworking Graphic Designers to apply for the Graphic Design Internship in the UN in Bangkok, Thailand. The internship is four months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months at the Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP). The internship is unpaid and full-time. Basically, interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
- Assistance in updating the website design.
- Assistance in drafting and producing graphic material designing and communication content. Similarly, assistance in taking photographs of events
- Creating design products, such as infographics, and other visuals for campaigns, publications, conferences, events and meetings, in accordance with UN design standards and policies on schedule and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assistance in editing and creating design layouts for briefs, film videos, mix sound and audio-visuals;
- Working on web-presentation as well as compiling statistics.
- Furthermore, media analysis and other activities upon request.
- Candidates must have an enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), or must be in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or have graduated with a university degree (as defined above).
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Degree or study in the field of design/graphic design or relevant fields is preferable. Furthermore, experience using Adobe XD is highly desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory for the internship.
Candidates must apply online for this Graphic Design internship in the United Nations. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.