The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific invites hardworking Graphic Designers to apply for the Graphic Designing Internship in the UN in Incheon City in South Korea. The internship is 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months at the Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP).
The intern position will work directly with the Program Officer to assist the APCICT’s advocacy and promotional activities to raise the Centre’s visibility. In particular, the intern will be doing the following tasks
- Undertaking design assignments for a variety of APCICT activities (e.g., conferences, events, and campaigns, etc.)
- Helping design various information materials, including publication covers, presentation templates, flyers, infographics, and social media visuals.
- Similarly, providing assistance in shooting and editing film videos, mix sound and slideshows, if required.
- Assisting in checking the website for broken pages or pages that are inconsistent with the design of the website.
- Similarly, assisting in the organization and execution of special events to mark UN observances or exhibitions.
- Proposing new projects for the website and social media platforms and identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience.
- Furthermore, initiating and carrying out assigned tasks/special projects.
- Candidates must have an enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), or must be in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or have graduated with a university degree (as defined above).
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Must have a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter, and Nations and also should have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs as well as willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory for the internship.
Candidates must apply online for this Graphic Designing Internship at UN Office in Korea. In addition to that, the candidates must create and complete a personal history profile (PHP) and a cover letter in the UN e-Recruitment system (careers.un.org). In particular, the cover note should include:
- Title of the degree currently being pursued by the applicant and the specific subjects taken.
- Possible graduation date from the degree program that the applicant is enrolled in.
- List the IT skills and software programs that the candidate is proficient in.
- Furthermore, an explanation of how an internship with APCICT fits within the career plans of the applicant; and why s/he would be the best candidate for this team.