Health Specialist Internship in Mozambique (The World bank)
Health specialist Internship position is based in Maputo, Mozambique. The appointment will be for a Four-years Term contract, with possible extension based on business needs.
Duties and Accountabilities for Health Specialist Internship:
The Health Specialist will have the following key responsibilities, inter alia:
- Support implementation of the Bank’s HNP operational portfolio in HAEH1, including the preparation of selected national and/or regional operations. This will be including contributing to technical discussions and monitoring of the Bank portfolio on a day-to-day basis in close collaboration with the relevant government agencies and development partners;
- Co-lead and contribute to high-quality analytical and advisory services tasks in HAEH1;
- Participate in and contribute to technical assistance work to support relevant capacity-building activities including workshops, seminars, etc;
- Participate in and contribute to policy dialogue with government counterparts — including at the national and sub-national levels — and with other relevant stakeholders;
- Help teams with building and maintaining partnerships and networks within the Bank (in HNP as well as other sectors) and with external partners;
- Contribute to sector-specific or cross-sectoral inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g., sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc.);
- Review and contribute to sector-specific or cross-sectoral policy and other documents;
- Organize and participate in missions of the health team;
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties;
- Carry out any other activity required as part of the health and human capital portfolio;
The Health Specialist will report to the Practice Manager (Health Nutrition and Population) for Eastern and Southern Africa (HAEH1). For day-to-day operational work, the Health Specialist will support Task Team Leaders on assigned tasks and work closely with other Task Team Leaders and the Human Development Program Leader. The Health Specialist will be subject to all World Bank regulations and guidelines applicable to staff.
You may also like: 2023 Vacancy for Climate Change Specialist at The World Bank
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, nutrition, population and the equivalent 5 to 8 years of relevant professional experience with public health, and or health service delivery projects is required. Experience in digital health, adolescent health, and climate and health would be welcome.
- A proven track record of high standards/accountability for work products, meeting deadlines, an ability to prioritize tasks within their work program and strategies for working collectively with colleagues on the team to deliver products of the highest caliber.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills is essential with ability to prepare documents on complex subjects, speak and write persuasively, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability for collaboration in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working on WBG funded projects and familiarity with WBG operations, policies, and procedures is an advantage.
- Prior work experience in Africa is an advantage.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more Information visit World Bank