Human Resources Officer Internship in USA (United Nations)
Human Resources Officer Internship position is located in the Talent Acquisition Section (TAS), Staffing Service (SS), Human Resources Services Division (HRSD), Office of Support Operations (OSO), Department of Operational Support (DOS). The incumbent reports to a Human Resources Officer in the Section.
Human Resources Officer Internship:
Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Build Job Openings with clear, objective and consistent evaluation criteria for both generic rosters and mission specific posts; Review applications for eligibility and initial suitability;
- Coordinate substantive assessments of applicants to include knowledge-based evaluations and/or competency-based interviews by Expert Panels (EP);
- Serve as ex-officio for EPs;
- Prepare submissions to the Field Central Review Bodies (FCRB); Develop, manage and maintain rosters for functional specialties in the assigned occupational group(s) up to and including the D-1 level;
- Identify and analyze actual and anticipated capacity gaps in the talent pools and rosters;
- Identify and analyze structural, procedural and work process challenges from a policy perspective, generate ideas for improvements and follow up as appropriate;
- In consultation with Headquarters and substantive offices, develop recommendations to Programme Managers in field missions of candidates who would best benefit from consideration for selection, building on personal requirements, gender, mobility and other human resource targets;
- Provide regular information on GJOs and opportunities for the generic rostering system;
- Contribute to the skill, expertise and knowledge of the HROs and HRAs in the area of human resources management, including in the use of HR IT systems (Inspira, ERP etc.);
- Receive and review grievances and complaints related to the Continuous Job Opening process, assessing and evaluating merit of each case and make recommendation for resolution;
- Identify and analyze staff development and career support needs.
Administration of Justice:
- Research and compile the Section’s responses to formal and informal requests coming from different candidates under the Administration of Justice (AoJ) system;
- Contribute to efforts and measures aimed at addressing and mitigating staff grievances with the purpose of resolving them at the lowest practical level;
- Contribute to the development of preventive activities such as training and sharing best practices and recent jurisprudence related to human resources management.
you might also like, Chief Of Section, Property Management at United Nations.
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education, or related area is required. A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies, with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration, project management or a related area is required.
- Experience supporting recruitment strategies or processes is required.
- Experience working in or supporting field operations (inclusive of peacekeeping missions, political missions, those operated by UN agencies, funds, and programmes, or similar international or non-governmental organization) is desirable.
- Experience working with and applying administrative or financial policies and procedures in an international organization or non-governmental organization is desirable.
- Experience designing and/or implementing strategies to improve gender, diversity and inclusion is desirable.
- Experience in building Human Resources data analytics and data visualization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more details visits, UN