IFC (World Bank) Associate Operations Intern Officer at Baghdad, Iraq
The Associate Operations Intern Officer will work with the Country Management (Levant Country Management team and Senior Country Officer for Iraq). S/he will be acting as a focal point for colleagues actively engaged in different projects and tasks related to the Iraq agenda. The position will be based in Baghdad, Iraq.
Duties and Accountabilities for Associate Operations Intern officers
- Overall, support Country Management team in managing all aspects of IFC’s program in Iraq including business development, portfolio support, stakeholder engagement and country operations,
- Assist in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s strategy for Iraq to achieve an appropriate balance of sustainable developmental impact and commercial return,
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact general IFC’s activities, and provide input on local economic and business trends to IFC investment decisions and strategies,
- Conduct research; analyze industry related data; draft high-level presentations; and prepare summaries and reports covering Iraq,
- Engage in business development efforts and liaise with IFC investment and advisory teams to conduct Integrity Due Diligence, monitor progress and performance of projects to solve potential problems.
- Support Country Management and designated industry teams in overseeing portfolio investment and advisory projects,
- Work closely with IFC staff in the region in handling client relationships, identify, analyze and help address key country and sponsor reputation risks,
- Lead the development and maintenance of contacts database covering governments and business community to facilitate IFC operations,
- Support Country Management to ensure IFC representation/involvement at key private sector, public sector, donor and World Bank events and meetings as appropriate, and ensure dissemination of information to relevant staff within the World Bank Group,
- Support the development of an appropriate communications strategy and assist in developing presentations. Participate in targeted business events and conferences to develop business; and
- Perform other such duties as may be required from time to time to meet emerging, ad-hoc corporate requirements, and/or respond to internal or external requests.
Check: 2024 (Fully Funded) DESY Summer Student Program in Germany
- A master’s degree in economics, business, development or related field
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in investment and/or advisory to help guide decision making,
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a range of stakeholders,
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of private sector development challenges facing Iraq, and across the Levant region
- Sound business judgment in identifying new business opportunities,
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills; ability to deliver in tight deadlines, and
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrated teamwork skills, including the ability to build and lead teams and coach others to achieve results,
- Ability to thrive and function effectively in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple tasks and projects,
- Able to share valid opinions and new observations relevant to project outcomes with project leaders in a manner that is concise, cohesive and focused,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic, including ability to communicate effectively with high-level counterparts and a variety of internal and external audiences,
- Willingness to travel and geographic flexibility.